The IDC Manufacturing Insights Group, a global resource for the manufacturing sector, releases its 2014 manufacturing trends. The report includes the following:
- Manufacturers will begin to build 3D value chains.
- Operational, information, and consumer technology converge to reshape approaches to technology management.
- Operational resiliency will be the focus of supply chain strategies.
- Supply chain technology investment will involve modernizing existing systems, while also trying new approaches.
- The modernization of the underlying B2B commerce backbone becomes an investment priority for IT.
- Product life cycle management (PLM) strategies become increasingly global, multidisciplinary, innovation-based, and customer-focused.
- PLM initiatives will focus on value realization.
- “Servitization optimization” will be core to future profitable revenue growth and leading manufacturers will make the necessary investments to enable these strategies.
- On the way toward the factory of the future, 2014 will set the stage for a new manufacturing renaissance.
- Plant floor IT investments will continue to become a higher share of the overall technology investment portfolio.
Source: IDC Manufacturing Insights Group