Revamped Eligibility Rules for COVID-19 Relief Provisions: PPP Loans & Employee Retention Credit
Available on demand (Password: &p6H2$Xb)
Congress recently passed new legislation providing additional COVID-19 relief to small businesses including significant changes to the PPP and the ERC. In this webinar we will cover:
• Paycheck Protection Program – A summary of changes to the program, revised eligibility requirements for the “first draw” loans, and eligibility for “second draw” loans
• Employee Retention Credit – Rules for eligibility in calendar years 2020 and 2021 (They’re different!)
Please note that the information contained in this recording is based on guidance through January 26, 2021. Updated guidance can be found on the Department of the Treasury website and the IRS website.
Getting the Most Out of Your PPP Loan: The Latest Guidance on Loan Forgiveness
Available on demand (Password: 5n#^h0$7)
As many businesses approach the end of their 8-week period under the Paycheck Protection Program, focus has shifted to ensuring loans are used appropriately and amounts eligible for forgiveness are maximized. In this webinar, we cover the latest guidance and answer some commonly asked questions:
• What costs are eligible for forgiveness?
• How is Full-Time Equivalency determined?
• When does my covered period begin?
• Do costs have to be paid or incurred?
• How can reduction in forgiveness be avoided?
• Are there any reduction safe harbors and exemptions for certain employees?
• Are the costs that qualify for forgiveness deductible?
Please note that the information contained in this recording is based on guidance through May 26, 2020. Updated guidance can be found on the Department of the Treasury website.
Top Business & Tax Provisions of the CARES Act
Available on demand
In the midst of the coronavirus crisis, Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), the single largest economic aid package in American history. This comes right on the heels of the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act. This webinar led by Lanigan, Ryan Tax Manager Jennifer Montoya, CPA, dives into the top business and tax provisions included in the emergency legislation including who is eligible for relief and how to apply. Please note that the information contained in this recording is based on guidance through April 3, 2020. Updated guidance can be found on the Department of the Treasury website.